Flour, All-Purpose, unbleached
2 1/4 cup
6 2/3 tbsp.
1 tbsp. / muffin
15 ml. / muffin
Turbinado Sugar, AKA
Sugar in the Raw
1/2 tsp. / muffins
- In a large bowl with a lid combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In a separate bowl combine oil, eggs, buttermilk, espresso and vanilla. Add wet to dry and gently fold together only until all ingredients are wet, cover. Place batter in refrigerator at let sit overnight.
- Next day set oven to 350 F convection. Place paper muffin cups in pan and build muffins in the following order:
- Using a spoon place 2 tbsp. of batter and place in bottom of paper muffin cup.
- Using a teaspoon – make a well in centre of each batter. This is where you will place a scoop of Coffee Crisp Spread.
- Use a spoon scoop 1 tbsp of cold Coffee Crisp Spread and place in the hole in the centre of batter.
- Place 4 tbsp of batter on top of spread, slightly press down with spoon around the edge of the muffin to ensure no spread escapes when baking.
- Sprinkle top of muffin with sugar.
- Place in oven at set timer for 18 minutes. Turn in oven if required. Test doneness by firmness of top.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Move to cooling rack.